Helmut’s always keeps our future in mind and only uses what is needed to reduce our impact on the environment for future generations.
- Ammonia cooling/freezer (together with more effective insulation material) enabling us to achieve cooling/freezing with 50% less energy.
- State of the art “closed system” smokehouse, reducing exhaust smoke by 99%, thus reducing our natural gas usage by 35% with no need to “burn off “exhaust smoke.
- Building materials (Zeroloc panels) with a high “sustainability” factor as panels can be easily moved and recycled.
- Supports and encourages carpooling and bike riding.
- Educating associates in ways to reduce and save electrical energy
- Recycling bins for paper, bottles, cans, etc.