Original recipes make 8 Rouladen.
8 pieces sliced top round beef
- sliced onion
- 4 pickles sliced in half
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package Rouladen gravy mix
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1. Spread 1/2 tablespoon mustard over one side of each piece of meat. Sprinkle pepper evenly over the steaks. Lay one slice of bacon on each piece, along with a slice of onion and pickle. Roll the steaks and secure them with toothpicks.
2. Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook meat on all sides until browned. Mix water with the gravy mix & heat.
3. Place the Rouladen in a deep dish, pour the heated gravy over the Rouladen. Place them in the oven at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.