- 1 lb Ground Meat – pork/beef or a combination of the two
- Milk or heavy cream
- 1 Egg
- 1 Medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 Bread roll, cut into small cubes
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Salt & Pepper
- Butter for frying
- Soak the bread cubes in milk or cream (or optionally water). Once the bread has absorbed the liquid, squeeze out excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine meat, onions, parsley, bread, egg, mustard, marjoram, salt & pepper. Mix until a mass forms and the mixture holds together. If the mixture is too moist, add some bread crumbs to help it hold together. Form mixture into thick, round patties.
- On a medium heat, melt butter in a frying pan. Fry the Frickadellen in the butter – about 7 minutes per side – until golden brown. Make sure that the heat is not too high so that they do not burn.
- Remove from pan when done.